Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Medal of Honor Going "Modern Warfare"

What is it going to take to bring the lagging FPS war themed game Medal of Honor on a level platform with Call of Duty? They're going to try it.


Personally, I think the Infinity Ward has the perk/experience points system nailed down tight. If MoH goes anywhere near that territory, they'll be mocked for it. So what is CoD missing? Where is it lacking?

Multiplayer missions for starters. At least 4-player co-op campaign missions and I'll take no less. As a CoD veteran, I don't care about online and there is no way that MoH could improve what I think is wrong in CoD matches (glitching, lag, friends). They could put private chat back in, but that's really menial. I do want to go through the story mode of the game and play it with friends, keeping different saves based on who I play them with. Gears of War and Halo never got that right either.

What else? These games need vehicles, but they shouldn't bother unless they can do them right. CoD's perk system lets you shoot from a helicopter or AC130, but it's pretty unrealistic to open a box on the ground and be transported to a plane in an instant. But I loved CoD's challenges when one player is in a plane with a birds-eye-view of the field below, shooting things, directing the other players. That's awesome. It's good idea. Now put it into the real game.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, when I'm blowing up cars for a CoD challenge tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment