Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Gears of War - Judgement

When Brian mentioned getting this post-trilogy Gears of War game, that doesn't have anything to do with the main characters or involved the ex-Epic lead designer, I balked at the idea. There was no way I was getting involved with an after thought of a game like Judgement. It wreaked of stink.

Then I caved on release day.

It was the best cave of buying video games I've had in a long time. The best cave of my gaming life was the Xbox.

Judgement has a lot of things going for it and most of those are features and changes that weren't in the original games. People Can Fly brought a lot to the table, being the developers of the single player campaign: the three star system for each level, the declassified mission option to make each level even harder with various things like no lights on or fog throughout the level, and making each chapter of the game narrated by each different playable character. They also created a new system for enemies to spawn different each time you play a level. They sound like small things, but it made the game different enough that I didn't feel like I was playing the same old Gears of War. It was refreshing.

I haven't played a lot of the multiplayer, but a lot of people are complaining about the changes. Now that I've about finished up the main game and collecting COG tags, I'll be moving into the online side of things and making myself at home there.

No comments:

Post a Comment