Monday, June 12, 2006

A Common Quotation

I don't what the overall theme is that this purchase has completed for me.
It's not really a new game system. It's not really a new dvd player. It's
not really just multimedia sharing (though that is wicked cool).

I think it's all of them.

Before, I had never considered myself to be interested in a game system
that does more than it really should. But when I found myself browsing my
gigs of music from my Mac, the idea that I wasn't actually sitting at the
thing made it finding the extra fries in the bottom of the McBag. Sort of
an "Ohh.." feeling. Then I got to listen to music AND start a slideshow of
my iPhoto library...

We may be onto something here.

The wireless controller that turns on and off the box. Replacing an old
DVD player and less fiddling with the reciever and tv input controlls.
Being online with Live again (thought that will be used pretty sparingly).
It's all part of the "Ohh..." feeling that I now understand why is so
important to game+. Game+ is now my term for gamers who need everything in
a gaming machine. I too am now a gamer+.

If you have all the stuff there already, it's too hard not to take
advantage of it. I don't think you'll find it that interesting untill you
get a router, but when you do, you wonder why this crap wasn't included in
every machine in your house. You'll wonder why the microwave doesn't play
songs off your PC that are the length of the time you need to cook food.
My toaster needs an ethernet port.

Ok, so fine. Microsoft brough out a killer multimedia machine. Fantastic.
Now what? I only bought Perfect Dark because I have to have at least one
game to show the thing off. No Pefect Dark or Bond game will ever replace
the N64 versions. We do not ask of Gods to "make it happen again." So in
the meantime, while I wait for Halo 3, I will watch movies and stream
media to my entertainment center. I am content at this point with my
purchase.

Now "where are the games".

No comments:

Post a Comment