Thursday, October 16, 2008

Call of Duty 5 Beta

Well I got an email last night from the people who make Call of Duty and the sent me a key to play the beta of the multiplayer of the newest game.

I've never played in a beta before. There was no questionaire to fill out or forms to sign. You just download the game to your Xbox and away you go.

A cookie cutter review of the beta is posted here.

Personally, I was really amazed at the new sound work and graphics. Since this is based off of World War II, guns and explosions more mirror older weapon technology and the game does just such a great job with the feel of clackety weapons, fizzing Japanese flares and map landscapes of old world architecture.

The one thing I'm not interested in at all is doing all the challenges and perks that carried over from CoD4. It was a neat role-playing structure to a first-person shooter game, but in a second game it feels pasted in for content. I would have liked to have seem them completely change the challenges and started with a clean slate.

But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the 4 or so maps, opening new weapons and releasing dogs on my enemy foes on the battle grounds.

P.S. Keifer Sutherland sounds so awesome in the game. With Jack Bauer commanding me around the field, I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment